Information on the processing of personal data
The travel company TUCAN Ltd, based in Za kasárňou 1, 831 03 Bratislava, company identification number: 35 697 300, registered in the Commercial Register of the District Court Bratislava I, section Sro, file no. 11626/B (hereinafter referred to as "Tucan") provides its clients and people that have expressed interest in Tucan's services (hereinafter referred to as "Clients") in accordance with the provisions §19 and §20 of law no. 18/2018 Z.z. on the protection of personal data, as amended (hereinafter referred to as "Law") and in accordance with Articles 13 and 14 of the General Data Protection Regulation, the following information:
1. Tucan, whose identification details are given above, is the operator of the informational system, which processes Clients' personal data
2. The purpose of the processing of Client's personal data is the provision of travel company services, in particular the purchase and sale of travel tickets as well as other travel valuables, booking of accommodation, car rental, booking of cultural and sporting events, arranging insurance, arranging issuance of visas for those countries with a visa requirement as well as the offer of other services in the form of sending a newsletter.
3. The legal basis for the processing of Clients' personal data is primarily the performance of the contract, the subject of which is the provision of travel company services, respectively execution of measures prior to the conclusion of this contract. The legal basis for the processing of Clients' personal data is also the consent to the processing of personal data for the purposes of obtaining and issuing visas in those countries that have a visa requirement, as such personal data also includes special categories of personal data. The third legal basis for the processing of Clients' personal data is the legitimate interest of Tucan in the right of the entrepreneur to inform existing Clients about current services by sending a newsletter.
4. In connection with the provision of services to Clients, Tucan may provide personal information to several recipients. These recipients provide Tucan with services that in turn enable Tucan to provide services to Clients. These are mainly companies operating flight reservation systems, providing cloud solutions for e-mail services, providing help desk systems, providing visa services and consulting, arranging insurance, managing the IT systems, providing billing services and accounting processing and brokering of tickets and other travel valuables.
5. With respect to the processing of Clients' personal data, Tucan provides personal data to the following categories of recipients on the grounds that the transmission of Client's personal data is necessary and unavoidable for the performance of the contract, the subject of which is the provision of travel agency services between Tucan and the Client:
ii) accommodation facilities;
iii) car rental companies;
iv) travel insurance companies;
v) the competent authorities issuing the visa;
vi) railway and bus carriers.
These recipients may also reside in third countries outside of the EU, where adequate or appropriate safeguards for the protection of personal data as provided for in the Commission Decision are not provided and such recipients have also not adopted internal rules approved by the Office. The transfer of Client's personal data to third countries is necessary to comply with the subject matter of the travel agency contract concluded between Tucan and Clients.
6. Tucan keeps Client's personal data for a period of 5 years from the termination of the provision of services to the Client, respectively longer, in accordance with the applicable legal archiving deadlines, if the data are part of the outputs (e.g. accounting documents) that are archived.
7. If Tucan did not obtain the processed personal data directly from its Clients, it obtained the data from its corporate clients, who use Tucan's services for their employees or managers, or it received the data from travel agencies/travel companies that cooperate with Tucan and use Tucan's access to travel reservation systems.
8. In connection with the processing of personal data, the Clients have the following rights in particular towards Tucan:
i) the right of access to their personal data;
ii) the deletion of their personal data or the restriction of their processing;
iii) the right to object to the processing of personal data;
iv) the right to transfer personal data;
v) the right to withdraw his consent to the processing of personal data at any time ¹,
vi) the right to bring proceedings against Tucan under §100 of the Law ²;
More information about Clients' rights can be found here.
9. The provision of Clients' personal data is necessary and unavoidable for the performance of the subject matter of the contract under which Tucan provides Clients with travel agency services (regardless of whether or not it was concluded in writing). The Client is not obliged to provide Tucan with personal data; however, in this case, Tucan will not be able to provide its services to the Client in full. For example, if the Client requests a visa issuing service and does not provide Tucan with the personal data necessary for issuing a visa (e.g. parents' names and surnames), Tucan will not be able to provide the Client with this service.
10. Tucan has taken the appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure a level of security of personal data that is appropriate to the risk of violating the rights of the Clients. The measures take into account the latest findings in this area and Tucan has incurred adequate costs for their adoption.
¹ It concerns those Clients whose personal data is processed with their consent, i.e. for the purposes of issuing visas in countries with a visa requirement
² If the Client believes that Tucan has violated his rights under the Law and the General Data Protection Regulation